YOUR RIGHT TO PRIVACY
Your right to privacy is very important to us. We take the security of your information seriously and have strict policies and processes in place to ensure it remains safe. This policy describes the way we collect information, how we use it and how we protect it.
HOW WE COMPLY WITH REGULATIONS
We are committed to safeguarding your personal information and we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information. We are regulated by the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) which is responsible for regulations that cover the collection, storage, processing, disclosure, transfer and destruction of personal data in the United Kingdom, and we are registered as a Data Controller with the ICO. We have a Data Protection Officer who ensures the fair processing of your information in line with the regulations, whom you can contact using the contact details at the end of this policy. You also have the right to complain to the ICO if you have any concerns.
INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
We collect personal information about you when you apply for products or make use of our services. Personal information we hold will include:
• name, address, date of birth and contact information
• information we need to enable us to check your identity, process an application and complete credit referencing
• information for accounts you hold with us including payments and withdrawals, services you use, and other related information
• information we need to be able to process payments for you, for example bank and credit or debit card details
• records of contact with you, such as system notes, emails and letters
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only collect, use, hold or disclose personal information where we have a lawful basis to do so. This means information needed to provide you with a product or service, to satisfy legal or regulatory requirements, or where we have your consent. We will use your information to:
• verify your identity when you apply for an account and in order for us to manage your account securely
• keep our records up to date
• prevent crime and meet our legal and regulatory obligations
• send statements, meeting notices and interest rate changes
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
The security of your information is very important to us. We protect your information by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in relation to the collection, storage and disclosure of personal data to prevent unauthorised access, accidental loss, disclosure or destruction. We will not transfer your information to other countries outside the EEA unless it is unavoidable to allow us to deliver our products and services. If we do, we take care to ensure the same level of privacy and security as the UK.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We will keep your personal information only for as long as necessary to administer the accounts you have in line with regulatory and legal requirements, and will destroy it securely when it is no longer needed.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION From time to time we may send information to, receive information from, or exchange your personal information with:
• partners or agents who support us to deliver our products and services to you, or that we refer you to, or that refer you to us
• companies who perform essential services for us
• credit referencing agencies
• regulators, courts or other public authorities
• other financial service providers to prevent fraud and verify identities • debt management agencies and collection agencies, courts and receivers
• the Police, NCA, Action Fraud, DWP, HMRC, fraud prevention agencies and other financial service providers to help them in relation to the prevention or detection of fraud and financial crime. Financial service providers may use this information to make decisions
HOW WE USE CREDIT REFERENCE AGENCIES Credit reference agencies collect and maintain information about consumers’ and businesses’ credit behaviour. We use them to confirm your identity and to keep your money safe. They may keep records of enquiries about you and details of how you manage your accounts.
HOW YOU CAN MANAGE THE INFORMATION WE HOLD AND HOW WE USE IT
Data protection regulations mean you have rights over how we hold and use the information we hold about you:
• You have the right to give your consent to us using your data for any activities we do not have a lawful basis to carry out, for example sending you marketing communications. You can withdraw that consent at any time
• You have the right to request access to the information we hold about you; this is called a Data Subject Access Request
• You have the right to know who your data is shared with and why
• You have the right to have your details updated if they are inaccurate and for information not required for lawful reasons to be deleted
• You have the right to request that information we process by automated means is sent to you or another nominated data controller in a commonly used electronically readable format If you wish to action any of the above please contact us by:
• emailing email@example.com
• writing to Abbott Property Management Ltd, 6 Station Road, Letchworth Garden City SG6 3AU
• calling us on 01462 685489